Installing garage door by yourself may be too daunting for its heavy weight, large size and complicated instructions. However if you are adept to the doors works and have the right tools and a friend to help you, the installation projects will not be daunted anymore. You can cut the budget for paying the professionals and feeling satisfaction once you complete the project. Here are the step-by-step instructions to install garage door efficiently. Have a look.
First thing you need to do is read all instructions from manufacturer. That way you will know the whole process and would anticipate what the next steps and what the next parts or tools you need. After you read the instructions, gather all the parts from package and take an inventory of them. Take a note if there are anything missing. Then organize all your tools and any additional materials if needed.
Installing garage door
- Attach the hinges to the top edge door and attach the weather-stripping on the ground edge of first door panels.
- Set the door panels in the place where you want to set the garage door by hitting the nails partially at certain angles into each jambs so the panels will fix tightly in their place.
- Gather all verticals, horizontal and curve tracks from package and assemble them according to the instructions.
- Install the rollers and brackets to each section of the doors by following the instructions. Once you installed the rollers, put the vertical track into the column on one side of the rollers at the first section of garage door and repeat to the other side.
- Ask for help to lift the next section and put it in its place and put the vertical track onto the rollers like you did on the first section.
- Fasten the hinges between the first and second sections by using power drill.
- Repeat the process for the third section. Do not forget to check the level. Screw the top plates and vertical tracks to the wall. Remember to screw the lag to the framing tight enough since the door would create considerable forces when it opens and closes.
- Attach the jamb bracket to vertical tracks and framing members. Do not tighten the screws yet since you may need to adjust and set the alignment of the tracks later.
- Attach the curves and horizontal tracks to the vertical tracks and bolt them. Check the level of horizontal tracks.
- Adjust the hanger’s length and screw it onto the joist which are the solid framing at the ceiling. Mount the horizontal tracks to the hanger. Do the process all over again for all remaining the horizontal tracks.
- Set the last sections of garage doors
- Place the torque tubes by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Check the door by rolling it up approximately 4 feet and see the alignment from each tracks. Make any adjustment if needed. Tighten all the screws to fasten the installation and your job of installing garage door is done.
- Garage door repair cost for common problems
- Garage Door Maintenance What to check and when
- Guidance to Replace Garage Door Spring
- Estimating Garage Door Spring Replacement Cost
- Garage Door Opener Troubleshooting : Problems & Solutions
- New Garage Door Cost: How Much to Spend?
- Discount Garage Doors and How to Get Them
- Garage Door Replacement Panels to Enhance Your Garage Door
- How to Do Garage Door Panel Replacement
- How to Find Cheap Garage Doors
- Torsion Spring Garage Door
- Garage Door Monitor for Home Safety Aid
- Garage Door Opener Receiver Products for Your Home Safety
- Why Liftmaster 3800
- Skylink Garage Door Opener: Why do You Choose It
- Used Garage Doors for Sale
- Liftmaster Garage Door Opener Manual for Safety Installation
- A Recommended Garage Door Opener for your Home